Cybercriminals thrive in times of crisis; and the COVID-19 pandemic is no exception. As lockdown restrictions are gradually relaxed and workplaces welcome employees back, it’s more important than ever that your business has the right data security strategies in place to deal with out-of-use hardware.
When the COVID-19 outbreak struck, being able to adopt remote working practices within a short period of time was essential. For many of us this gave little opportunity to put in place the usual safeguarding measures needed to prevent a data breach. Meaning a day-to-day struggle today is knowing what to do with all the surplus laptops and other IT equipment now that the remote workforce is returning.
If you’re not sure if this applies to you, ask yourself:
- Do you have a stockpile of out-of-use equipment sitting in storage?
- Does it contain sensitive information?
- Is it being stored securely with appropriate access controls?
- Could any of it be redeployed at a moment’s notice?
- Are you certain that it doesn’t contain malware that could harm the network?
- Could the equipment be resold in the future?
A data breach can happen from any device that contains sensitive data. Since most remote workers will have probably been handling sensitive company and customer information, this data must be deleted in a secure way, leaving no traces behind. Formatting a hard drive or manually deleting the files is simply not enough.
Our data wiping service is the perfect solution to the problem
- Industry-leading Blancco data erasure software
- On-site and off-site data wiping available
- Hard drives are totally cleansed ready for storage, reuse and resale
- Itemised certificate of destruction to indemnify your business
- Compliant with the most rigorous regulatory standards including INFOSEC 5
With TXO, you can rest assured that the security of your data is our primary concern. We issue customers a certificate of destruction after every service, proving that your data has been disposed of in a responsible manner. You can follow this link to learn more about our secure data wiping & hard drive destruction services.
Our friendly staff are leading experts within the cybersecurity industry, certified with ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials and ATTF status (Approved Authorised Treatment Facility). We also hold the necessary permits to recycle and transport WEEE (Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment). Check out our certifications page for more details. Blancco is compliant with HMG InfoSec Standard No.5 and used by 18 governing bodies around the world. You can download the Blancco certification fact sheet here.
We’ve done a lot of work in this area and would be happy to discuss your options with you.